As the leaves change and the air turns crisp, there's no better time to cosy up with a warm, autumn-inspired cocktail. Whether you're enjoying the vibrant colours of fall foliage or staying in by the fire, these 10 cocktails will help you embrace the spirit of the season. Below, we've provided the ingredients and preparation for each one.
1. Spiced Apple Cider Margarita
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz triple sec
- 4 oz apple cider
- 1 oz lime juice
- Cinnamon and sugar for rimming
- Apple slice for garnish
- Rim a glass with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
- In a shaker, combine tequila, triple sec, apple cider, and lime juice with ice.
- Shake well and strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with an apple slice.
2. Pumpkin Spice White Russian
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz coffee liqueur (e.g., Kahlúa)
- 2 oz pumpkin spice creamer
- Crushed ice
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
- Fill a glass with crushed ice.
- Pour in vodka and coffee liqueur.
- Top with pumpkin spice creamer.
- Stir gently and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
3. Maple Bourbon Old Fashioned
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1/2 oz pure maple syrup
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Orange peel for garnish
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- In a glass, combine bourbon, maple syrup, and bitters.
- Add ice and stir until well-chilled.
- Garnish with an orange peel and a maraschino cherry.
4. Cranberry Moscow Mule
- 2 oz vodka
- 4 oz ginger beer
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- Fresh cranberries and lime wheel for garnish
- Fill a copper mug with ice.
- Add vodka, cranberry juice, and lime juice.
- Top up with ginger beer.
- Stir gently and garnish with fresh cranberries and a lime wheel.
5. Hot Buttered Rum
- 2 oz dark rum
- 1 tablespoon of spiced butter (butter mixed with brown sugar and spices)
- Hot water
- In a heatproof glass, combine dark rum and spiced butter.
- Fill with hot water and stir until the butter melts and the drink is well mixed.
6. Harvest Sangria
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Sliced apples, pears, and oranges
- Sparkling water
- Combine red wine, brandy, honey, and cinnamon sticks in a large pitcher.
- Add sliced fruits and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, top up with sparkling water.
7. Smoky Maple Whiskey Sour
- 2 oz whiskey
- 3/4 oz pure maple syrup
- 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes of bitters
- Smoked rosemary sprig for garnish
- In a shaker, combine whiskey, maple syrup, lemon juice, and bitters with ice.
- Shake well and strain into a glass with ice.
- Garnish with a smoked rosemary sprig.
8. Mulled Wine
- In a pot, combine red wine, brandy, honey, orange slices, cloves, and cinnamon sticks.
- Heat over low heat, but do not boil.
- Serve warm.
9. Chestnut Martini
- 2 oz chestnut liqueur
- 1 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz coffee liqueur
- Chopped roasted chestnuts for garnish
- In a shaker, combine chestnut liqueur, vodka, and coffee liqueur with ice.
- Shake well and strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with chopped roasted chestnuts.
10. Harvest Punch
- 1 cup spiced rum
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Ground cinnamon and apple slices for garnish
- In a punch bowl, combine spiced rum, apple cider, orange juice, lemon juice, and honey.
- Stir well.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and apple slices.
These 10 autumn-inspired cocktails are sure to warm your spirits as the days grow cooler. Whether you're sipping a Spiced Apple Cider Margarita or enjoying the classic flavours of a Mulled Wine, these recipes are perfect for embracing the beauty of the season. Cheers to autumn in a glass!